Chalkboard Charm Classroom Couture

I’ve been dreaming of this couture collection for the longest time!  I am in LOVE with chalkboard!  Chalkboard is ultra trendy right now.  You see it in home décor, organizational products, parties, and weddings.  Chalkboard is classic, clean, and very very stylish!

The classroom is the PERFECT place for chalkboard décor.  When I think of school, I instantly associate it with chalkboard and chalk!  Chalkboard can be incorporated with so many themes and color combinations.  Really, the possibilities are ENDLESS!

I happen to adore this room.  I am a vintage girl and this room screams “traditional old school,” which I am so drawn to.  I found this great plaid ribbon, paired it with chalkboard and red/black/white accents, and you’ve just created a “vintage school” look with a modern twist!

Chalkboard Charm by Schoolgirl Style

Simply Gorgeous!

In addition, this black and white collection is extremely economical.  If you were worried about using too much colored ink to create printables for your classroom, this is the collection for you!

Another added BONUS…most of the chalkboard collection is EDITABLE!  Do you get nervous when it is time to write a name on a nameplate or label because you don’t want to mess it up?  No worries!  Just type write into the label and you have perfect handwriting every time!

I hope you love this collection as much as I do!

Introducing…CHALKBOARD CHARM!

Meijer:  Metal baskets

Dollar Tree:  Red buckets

Michaels:  Alphabet ribbon, flowers

Staples:  School supplies/binders/clipboards

Pottery Barn Kids:  Table, chairs, black picture frame

Photos courtesy of E.C. Campbell Photography

Comments

1. Holly Crawford says

Melanie,

You’ve done it again! Very clean. I have had red, black and white in my classroom for the past two years and absolutely loved that color scheme. My favorite accent is the red bins. How are the labels attached?

Hi Holly!
      I actually made a mistake, the bins are from Target. I need to go back and change that! :) I used a few dabs of hot glue and it holds perfectly!

2. Tina Neilson says

I love it. I have my room done in black, white, and Red. All of which came from your amazing site. I love every product that I have purchased from you and use all of it in my classroom. Thank you for sharing your wonderful designs and products. I can hardly wait to get my hands on this new Chalkboard charm.
    God Bless

3. Maree says

LOVE IT! As I’ve already done my classroom for the year and can’t wait 11 months to use this, I’m going to use it for my newly re-organised pantry. It will be perfect! Thank you :0)

Simply beautiful! Love the classic charm of the chalkboard. Makes we want to go back to using the classic apple theme in my classroom and throw in a bit of your chalkboard charm.

Just love it!

5. Melissa G says

Melanie – I am a very new fan, but this is by far my most favorite of your Classroom Couture collection! Keep up the great work, you are a true inspiration!

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR! I have been drooling for an hour. Its perfect! Its exactly what I have been dreaming of. Oh… I so can’t wait to buy it all up and decorate my classroom!!!! YES YES YES!!! Now if only Creative Thinking Press would just buy your designs and print them out so I can save money printing I would be in Heaven!

Melanie, it looks spectacular. My favorite part is always the lanterns. I just put some up in my room, though they don’t look as nice. I will have to send you pics eventually. :P
    Melissa

8. Heidi says

Very cute! It looks so nice! That all black globe is a really cool twist. Was that how you bought it, or did you paint it?

9. Beth Mitchell says

Hello Melanie! I used your rockstar stuff this year for my classroom and I am so excited to used your chalkboard stuff for next year. I am expecting twins early next year so I am using my work day to tear down and rebuild my classroom I am excited to get shopping for classroom stuff. I have to admit I am a font buying virgin. Usually someone just loads them onto my computer. I saw the list you suggested but I am wondering if you could tell me how to go about purchasing them. That prob sounds crazy to you but any help would be great :) I love your stuff but I only allow myself to get on once in a while or I would want to change my theme more often lol

10. Marcia Luxemburg says

“Chalkboard Charm” is the best ever!!! Once I saw this collection, I couldn’t sleep at night thinking about my plans for my new classroom. I love the clean and sophisticated, yet classic look! I bought your digital collection this morning and have 75% of it DONE!!! Amazing !!! Very simple to download & edit !!! I could barely turn my head the printer was spitting it out so quickly !!! My entire classroom done without ever leaving my computer….worth EVERY penny !!! Thank you so much!!!

Oh Marcia! That is the nicest message EVER! You have no idea how much I appreciate this! Thank you! Thank you!

11. Heather says

Haven’t been on your site since last summer. I was waiting for the ladybug theme, but was too impatient and made my own… with inspiration from you of course!! I really wanted to change it up this year, but I had put way too much money into the black, red, white, and lime green last year. This is the PERFECT solution!! I can just store the lime green and lady bugs and buy your kit! Yay!! One question… your alphabet line is so cute, and I do need to purchase a new one for next year, but in 4th grade I need cursive font, and we do D’Nealian (or new modern cursive is close) font. Do you have any suggestions for a replacement? I didn’t see that the alphabet line was editable!

12. Heather says

Awesome!!! Love, love, love your stuff!!! I’ve done a vintage classroom theme before so I need to get into my class and go through it! I am sure I have some things that will work with this!! ;)

13. Rhonda says

Melanie this is awesome. Going to decorate my room with this design for the upcoming school year. Where did you get the bell? Looked but can’t find one. Hope you can help. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!

The bell actually belonged to my father-in-law that passed away several years ago. His school district gave it to him after so many years of service. It’s something our family cherishes! I am so happy you love this collection!

14. Judy Ehlerding says

Melanie – This theme is beautiful! I hope to use it to decorate the teacher’s lounge for the first day of school – we have such wonderful teachers in my building and I think they deserve a great “Welcome Back!” Thanks so much for designing this beautiful theme! (I couldn’t help but respond to your reply about the school bell. I have an antique school bell that was given to me as a gift from my sister and I treasure it.)

Melanie, I LOVE this theme!!! I have done owls for the last two years, but when I was told I was moving classrooms I decided to do a new theme and saw this and fell in love with it! I bought it and then 2 days later got offered a job at another school in our district as the redirection director…meaning no classroom for me. Then I found out that they are giving me my very own office and I am so excited because I can use this theme in there! I’ve started working on my new office and can’t wait to get it all put together. Thank you!

I’m so happy, Katie! It would have been a shame if you couldn’t use it! It will look PERFECT in your office! Happy decorating! :)

16. Renee says

Are the large and mini pendant that is included in the collection editable? Also, is the chalkboard paper mailed?

The triangular pennants are not editable – the banner letters are. You will receive everything as a pdf file. Nothing is physically mailed to you unless you purchase poms, daisies, or lanterns from the shop.