Happy New Year!

happy new year

2012 was a milestone year in my life.  Schoolgirl Style took off and I left my teaching position of 14 years.  I also accepted the position of Creative Consultant with Creative Teaching Press.

This new life came out of nowhere.

As my life changed dramatically, I struggled to find my identity.  I’ve been a teacher all of my adult life.  What am I now?  Who am I?

I’ve been told that God has a perfect plan for all of us.  I am seeing His plan unfold in front of my eyes.  As I received hundreds of heartfelt emails from followers explaining how my blog has inspired them, I’ve recognized a trend…

I’ve realized that my blog is more than creating pretty rooms, it’s about inspiration.  It’s about inspiring teachers to keep going, to stay excited about teaching, to bring some life into such a demanding and draining profession.

I’ve recognized that God has given me a gift and I have a responsibility to all of you.  My responsibility and my resolution for the new year includes to continue helping teachers and to INSPIRE teachers around the world.

I also feel a huge responsibility to give back and pay it forward.  2013 will hopefully allow me to help as many people as I can.

I would hope that all of you will join me in this resolution.  PAY IT FORWARD and GIVE BACK.  I would love to see a world that is filled with more kindness, goodness, and love.

Happy New Year!

New Year 1

Comments

1. Susie says

You have definitely inspired me!! Made me feel great going into the school year at a new school after being in the same one for 6 years. Thank you!

You have definitely helped me redecorate my classroom so that it is a pleasant place to teach and learn. I can’t tell you how many people come into my room inspired by your ideas and their first words are, “How peaceful this room is., or “I love visiting your room.” You do have a God given talent and I am so thankful I have found your store. I can’t wait to redecorate using one of your new themes!
    May 2013 be filled with more blessings and joy!

Your still a teacher love. You will always be a teacher at heart and now you are a classroom design teacher! Actually always a job I’ve dreamed about. You get to live the dream, at least my dream.

Have a happy new year. May it bring you everything your heart desires.
    Melissa

Thanks for sharing your post! I can relate to you 100%. I too was a teacher and started selling on TpT, TN, and writing a blog featuring classroom games after noticing a trend of people liking the games I created and sold. I decided to leave teaching as well to pursue this blogging world and writing curriculum gig full time after seeing great success in 2012! I felt lost as well, not knowing for sure if it was a good choice or not. But, God does have a great way of showing you new pathways that you would not expect to go on! Good luck in 2013. I look forward to seeing all of your inspiration – as it definitely inspires me in my own blog and product designs! Thanks for sharing your talent!

Rachael Parlett
    The Classroom Game Nook

Thanks so much for sharing your story, Racheal. It’s good to hear that I’m not the only one! :) I’m going to head over to your site right now! :)

5. Vicki Browne says

All the best with your new venture for 2013- how exciting! I have only just come across your site through pinterest and have been amazed at all your different ideas and suggestions. As a Year 2 teacher in Australia, I am always on the lookout for new ideas and I will certainly be using some of your ideas for my classroom this year. Our year begins at the end of January and I am looking forward to my 21 little munchkins starting in some sort of “bee” themed room (to go with Mrs B of course).
    Enjoy this new stage of your life and your career…….a new challenge for you! Good luck :-) Vicki

Thank you so much, Vicki! I wondered why I was getting a ton of orders from Australia recently?!? Now I know! Good luck with your new school year! :)

Well you definetly inspired my school! With so many teachers changing rooms and grade levels your sight gave us the inspiration to make our new classrooms better than before! Everyone comments on our classrooms and I am glad to see by your best classroom contest that teachers everywhere take pride in their rooms. Your classroom tells a lot about you as a teacher, thanks for sharing your creativity. Keep the contests coming and showing other teacher’s classroom the are so much fun to view!

Good luck,