Classroom Couture–Sunny Skies

I can’t tell you how many Classroom Couture packages I started to create and then abandoned.  There were a ton!  I am committed to creating décor that I feel represents my mission of providing beautiful, quality, and stylish products for teachers.  If I wouldn’t use it in my own classroom, I would never sell it to you.

I instantly fell in love with my Sunny Skies Collection and knew from the beginning that this would be THE collection that I would keep.  I would use this Couture package in my OWN classroom without a doubt.  I had several people that saw this theme before the pictures and they ALL fell in LOVE!  I knew from their reactions, that this was special.

I am sure you will agree.

BEAUTIFUL.

Sunny Skies

The soothing blues, grays, and yellows creates a calming atmosphere that both the teacher and the students are sure to LOVE!  The patterns are a little different than my typical collections.  This particular collection has a hazy, vintage appeal that I am particularly drawn to.

I pay close attention to the hot color trends of the year and GRAY is it!  I also carry gray poms in the Schoolgirl Style Shop, so I’ve made it really easy to create a dreamy and stylish classroom where everything coordinates!  No guessing.  I’ve done all of the designing for you.

My new Classroom Couture collections are all EDITABLE, so you can customize the labels any way you would like.  You can even choose your own font and color!

A Classroom Couture package includes:

-An entire alphabet available in cursive and ABC manuscript fonts.

-  10×3 nameplates in 8 designs

-  Book basket labels in 8 designs

-  WELCOME banner

-  Calendar headers

-  Calendar numbers

-  Multipurpose labels in coordinating patterns

-  Word Wall Labels

-  Editable binder covers

-  Coordinating “Keep Calm and Teach On” print

-  Table signs

-  Pennant banner

*Poms and Daisies are sold separately in the Schoolgirl Style Shop

I hope you love it as much as I do!

sunny skies room shot

Turquoise Picture Frame:  Schoolgirl Style Shop

Table/Chairs:  Pottery Barn Kids

White Binders:  Staples

White Wicker Baskets:  Target

White/Gray Plastic Baskets:  Dollar General

Wire Baskets:  Meijer

Bulletin Board Paper and Border: Pacon Fadeless Paper in Teal and Bordette in yellow/white. Purchased from Amazon.com

Photos courtesy of E.C. Campbell Photography in Rochester Hills, MI

Comments

1. Bettye Jo watson says

Thanks so much. You have solved my problem of how to decorate for next year. This is exactly what I was wanting! Thanks.

2. Stacey says

Love this…I want to completely redo my room next year. I have one mural I worked really hard on and will be keeping but that is it….my ideas is classic inspiration (since I have older students). I was thinking softer and whimsical, this is heading in that exact direction….I may be buying the entire set if you don’t top this by the end of the year!

3. mary says

This color scheme is beautiful You did a fantastic job. If I didn’t already have a them from you, I would do this. I loved it so much that I passed it on to a colleague!

4. Crystal says

I was wondering if you could create this exact package for me. I had spent a lot of money on cute baskets and tubs from target this year. They are in a lime gree, black, coral and turqoise color.

5. Carissa says

Oh I love love love this theme. I am slightly disappointed however because I am teaching kindergarten this year and am not real sure this would be for the kindergarten age. These are my favorite color schemes so I so wish it would work for that age. What do y’all think, would it work for kinder or is it more older age appropriate?

• Erica says

I think you could make it work for Kindergarten if you really wanted to! I think I’d prefer going in to a classroom with these calming colors than some bright primary colors. That’s just my 2 cents.

6. Lisa says

This is so beautiful! I thought I was in love with my beach theme I created last August, but I am now actually sick of it. For my special needs kids, I also think I need something more soothing…yet happy. This collection is exactly that! Will it still be available in the summer? Also would you include anything other than printables?

Thanks!

7. Brittany says

Hi!
    Where did you find the actual borders? I can’t seem to find them anywhere. Also, any suggestions on how to find a chic, fire-retardant rug? I am so sick of primary colors! Thanks!

If you search Amazon.com for yellow and white Bordette, you should find it! I buy all my border and paper from Amazon. As for a rug, honestly, I’m not sure. I was never allowed to have rugs in my classroom. I would maybe look for something all yellow. Gray is also huge and you can probably find gray rugs anywhere! :)

I just love this! I can’t wait to have my first classroom next year with these colors and this design. Where did you find the yellow and white ribbon? {If you don’t mind sharing :) }

9. Machele Martin says

If this package is purchased, do you actually get this all delivered or do you have to print it out? I’m very interested in getting this package. It will match my yellow checked curtains.

10. Tina says

Love it Melanie! I don’t know if you remember, but I almost purchased one of your other themes in this color scheme (but you added yellow and I love it). Would you cover your bulletin boards in just the teal paper or would you switch it out and do a few in white or grey with coordinated border? Thanks so much!!

Tina
    Crofts’ Classroom

Yes, I do remember!!! :) I would keep all of the boards teal for sure. This keeps everything looking cohesive. :)

11. Bengie says

I LOVE the colors! So much so that I purchased it for next school year! I am wondering what color curtains you would use with it? Thank you!

12. Laurie says

It looks like the colors in this are teal, but many of the items for sale are turqoise. This design is so beautiful, but I want to make sure I order the right color.

I have the same question as Laurie. Is the collection a teal or a turquoise? Would turquoise match the collection? Thank you, Lynne
    PS I see a Thirty-One Gifts Bag in your pictures. I’m a consultant and would love to use our turquoise pop as part of my classroom decor.

14. lynne king says

“It looks like the colors in this are teal, but many of the items for sale are turquoise. ”
    I never saw the response to this question, and wanted to confirm is it teal or turquoise?
    Thanks, Lynne

15. Denise says

Hello!

I am interested in buying this package but wanted to know if this collection matches with the Azure colored bulletin board paper from Pacon (similar to the teal but may be a tad lighter). Please let me know if you think they would be ok together.

Denise

16. Toni Neville says

Hello!!
    I am a new Mac user and have run in to the issue of some programs, programs, forms, etc. not being compatible with Mac. I was curious if this collection is compatible? I have my heart set on it. Thanks so much!!
    Best Wishes,
    Toni

Hi Toni!
      Unfortunately, the editable labels will not work with a MAC. There are two things you can do…1. Write everything in yourself. 2. Use a personal computer (maybe your school computer) to use the editable version. Hope this helps! :) ~Melanie

17. Denise says

Hello!

I just purchased the Sunny Skies package a few days ago and need a little advice. My school is allowing us to paint our classrooms and I wanted to know what color you would suggest to go along with this. I will be alternating teal and yellow bulletin boards (I have a whole wall of b. boards so I didn’t want to do just teal) and hanging yellow and white striped valances just to give you an idea.

Thanks,
    Denise

• Lisa says

Hi Melanie,

I purchased and am so pleased with this package! It is just as beautiful as in the pictures. I have a question regarding the calendar. Do you (or anyone else) have a suggestion as to how to put up a calendar bulletin board (with your cut outs) without a pocket chart. Do you think I could just staple on? I’m a middle school teacher and have never used a calendar, but I would like to for next year.
      Thanks!!

18. Mandes says

Hi! I was thinking of using this and maybe the bird theme combined or chevron in teal? The classroom
    That I will have has walls that are painted kind of a sky blue and I don’t think I can paint so I was wondering what you would suggest. I have been torn between this, by the sea, and the bird theme. What do you think? Wish you could come help me! Thanks! Mandee

Oh gosh, all three would look great! You could do Sunny Skies and add the birds. I created birds in yellow, blue, and turquoise. That would be a beautiful combination! :)

19. Brit says

If this is purchased and downloaded, can it be saved to a jump drive? I don’t have a colored printer at school so I would have to edit on my computer but print at a business. Is this possible? Any suggestions?

20. Dee says

Hi Melanie!

I purchased this package and wanted to make the flower vases/containers that are in the pictures above. I do not see anything in the package that could be used to make these. Can you please tell me how this could be done and what containers did you use? Are they cans?

Thanks,
    Dee

21. Amy Shibley says

Hi! I also just purchased this and had the same question as Dee. I know they are cans, but what do I use to cover them? I don’t see that in the documents! thanks so much, I can’t wait to get it all in my classroom!

Unfortunately, the graphic designer had me pull them. I am trying to come up with a way to create those cans, but in a different way now.

• Dee says

Thanks for the response! Please let us know if you figure something out. I would love to put these in the center of my group tables.

22. Michele says

Hi Melanie!
    Any chance there are spine labels to match this set? I LOVE everything but am slightly neurotic and NEED spine labels that match:)
    Thanks so much!

Hi Michele!

We just made some. They should be up in the next couple of weeks.

Schoolgirl Style~Kandin

23. Jessica Rollins says

Just purchased this set yesterday, can’t wait to get started!!! Any suggestions for bland, metal furniture that is not allowed to be painted? Thanks!!! :)

Hi Leslie!

The welcome banner is not editable, but things like the labels are, which while they aren’t exactly the welcome banner template, could serve as a different banner.

Schoolgirl Style~Kandin

24. Vanessa says

Hi!

I absolutely love this theme! I was wondering what color you would paint your classroom with these colors. Also, I know you always recommend having one main object that is the focal point in your classroom but what object would you use with this since it is just a color scheme?

Thanks,
    Vanessa

25. Kate says

I am going to be starting my first year of teaching this fall and I have really been stressing about decorating my classroom. I stumbled upon your sight and am so happy I did! I have fallen in love with this collection and am going to be using it for my first year of teaching. It is cute, has a polished feel, and won’t break the bank! Thank you so much!

26. Elizabeth M. says

I definitely think this collection would be perfect for a high school classroom! I’ve been trying to find the right colors and themes that would make my classroom look classy and fun, without making my students feel childish. But, I think it’s important to decorate my classroom and make it look like I really care. The only items I might not use would be the alphabet, but that could be a nice gift to give to my elementary teacher friend! Thank you for making a collection that’s classy and high school appropriate!

27. Maritza Pimentel says

This is my second year of teaching and I am going through the same issue as Kate. Last year I had Kindergarten and my room was a mess and did not coordinate. I said I would not let that happen again. Now that I will be teaching 3rd grade, I would love a room that is soothing for myself and them since they will be busy working hard because of testing in Florida. I would also love to add some pictures or stencils of dragonflies. Would that be nice?

28. A.R. says

I recently purchased this theme, I LOVE IT. However, now I am stressing about everything matching. I wasn’t going to buy the fadeless paper in teal, instead our school purchases those large butcher paper rolls for our walls. We have one that is called teal (its a bit of a bluer than green teal). Would that look ok? Also I am just worried about blues matching. Would it look ok as long as my book bins etc were not bright blue. I found some at big lots that are a nice blue but wasn’t sure if they would match. I am also thinking of adding gray accents. Any ideas or help?

29. Lisa says

Hello,

Would this collection work with a sky blue (very light-kind of baby blue) colored bulletin board paper?

Thanks.

30. Jessica Samuel says

I am also wondering if you know anyone who has used this for a First Grade classroom? I have taught Third & high school…realllllly love these colors, but afraid may not be “spicy” and “captivating” enough for 6-7 y.o. especially among lots of international children.

Thanks!
    Jessica

31. Kelly says

I love love love this collection! Thank you so much working hard to create it. I am lining my plastic bins with scrapbook paper and need a little advice. I can’t find the exact patterns that you used but can find chevron and polka dots. Do you think it would be too much to mix in the chevron pattern? Or should I stick with the polka dots? Thanks a bunch!

32. Pryscilla says

Hello,

I absolutely love this collection. Do you deliver items in a file through the Internet? Or how do you deliver?

Pryscilla

Hi Pryscilla!

Schoolgirl Style collections are digital so they are delivered through email.

Schoolgirl Style~Kandin

33. Deanna says

Hi
    I love this theme! is the font editable? I would like to purchase this, but I teach kinder and I’d like a more kid friendly font like comic sans.

34. Belinda says

I just wanted to say that I am in love with your website. I teach 6th grade and I downloaded this collection. I have teal backing and yellow polka dot and white bordette. Its going to look great. I usually make my own signs and labels, but when I saw this I was so excited to have the thinking done for me. Great products, thanks!